The Drakensberg Boys Choir School is one of the few South African Schools whose fame extends around the world. This school offers a unique educational opportunity for boys; it stimulates their spirit of adventure and exploration in our beautiful surroundings, while nurturing the development of the mind and expression in innate musical talent.
Set on a 100Ha estate, the school draws its inspiration from the majestic Drakensberg Mountains, a World Heritage Site in KwaZulu-Natal, and is filled with the sound of boys singing, surely one of the purest of musical delights in the world. Don't miss our popular Wednesday concerts at 15h30, every Wednesday during term time.
Private Bag X20, Winterton, 3340, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
+27 (0)36 468 1012
Vision, Mission and Values
The Mission of the Drakensberg Boys Choir School is:
To prepare boys for life and leadership
in music, academics, sport and social enrichment
in a Christian environment.
Our Core Values
- We will respect all staff and pupils of the school.
- We will strive to consistently display integrity by being honest, fair and reliable.
- We will strive to deliver excellence in academics, music and all other activities of the school.
- We will excel through hard work, discipline and teamwork.
- We will respect and care for the environment.
- Christian values will form the basis of everything that we undertake.
Core Beliefs of Our Staff
- We will value and respect each pupil and encourage them to perform to their best ability.
- We will strive to meet the needs of all pupils by encouraging them to excel in every aspect of their careers at DBCS.
- We will prepare students for life beyond DBCS.
- We will collaborate with one another respectfully and professionally.
- We will cooperate with parents who are important stakeholders in the school to maximise the potential of every boy.
- We will strive towards an active partnership between the school and the community.
Wednesday Concerts and Tours
The Drakensberg Boys Choir is synonymous with high-energy performances, which have been captivating audiences for over 50 years. The choir embraces the versatility, stamina and raw talent of boys from across the country and abroad to create a choral spectacular, jam-packed with a variety of musical styles ranging from classical and contemporary choral gems, to billboard pop hits, to authentic indigenous South African music. Join us for an afternoon of guaranteed entertainment at one of our 34 annual Wednesday concerts and let our young stars creep deep into your heart with their sincerity and youthful spirit.
When: Every Wednesday during the school term at 15h30
Where: Ken Mackenzie Auditorium at the Drakensberg Boys Choir School
Dress Code: You are on holiday so come as you feel comfortable
Tickets: Adults R205, Pensioners R180, Children R155.